Pet Import Checklist
Please use this checklist throughout your preparation process.
- Electronic Avid , HomeAgain or ResQ Microchip implant. ASAP
- Original Application for a Permit to Import Animals –
o Off island student mail to the CVO in St. Kitts along with International Money
Order or International Postal Money Order. (US$20 PER ANIMAL). ASAP. o On island students, submit to CVO office at the Ministry of Agriculture
(EC$55.00 PER ANIMAL) Submit now.
- Is my pet’s Rabies vaccine current? IF NOT give booster NOW and wait 30 days thendraw 1st titer.
- 1st Rabies/RFFIT/or FAVN lab titre result faxed directly FROM KSU Lab to the CVO in St.Kitts. ASAP 1-869-465-2928.
- Confirm flights for my pet and myself. Confirm these ASAP and advise CVO firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Read the link “Hills College Feeding Program” in the Pet section of this website if youintend to purchase Hills Science Diet.
- 30 days after 1st titre was received at the testing lab, draw 2nd Rabies/RFFIT/or FAVN lab titre and have result faxed directly FROM KSU Lab to the CVO in St. Kitts. 1-869-465- 2928.
- Cats must test negative for FELV and FIV within 30 days of travel. Fax results to 1-869- 465-2928.
- UP TO 30 days PRIOR to arrival in St. Kitts, fax a copy of the USDA Health Certificate to 1-869-465-2928. Import permits will not be issued before the receipt of this. (Listing of USDA Offices by State) . http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/area_offices/
- Original USDA Health Certificate. Bring with you.
- Import Permit will be faxed/scanned to you. Bring with you.
- 72 hour Health Certificate. Bring with you.
- Internal and External parasite treatment within 72 hours. Bring with you
- Do I have US$120 cash to pay the CVO in St. Kitts at the airport to clear my pet? (after 4pm and weekends an additional US$6.00)
- Am I bringing more than 1 pet? Then I need an additional US$90 for each pet. (after 4pm and weekends an additional US$6.00)
- Now I am ready along with my pet to arrive.