Today my husband and I attempted to get his passport renewed by the U.S. Embassy who was visiting Saint Kitts. I found out a lot of useful information. I would also suggest making sure your passport is up-to-date through your time on the island so you don’t have to deal with this.
First of all, the U.S. Embassy from Barbados visits Saint Kitts every six months, which means they came April 2017 and will come again November 2017. I’m not sure if they stick to these specific months, but at this moment, that is the information I have.
If you need to make an appointment to visit with a consulate from the U.S. Embassy in Barbados, you should do so on this website: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=BGN&appcode=1
Below are requirements for passports via Barbados U.S. Embassy:
Fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft made out to “U.S. Embassy.” PLEASE NOTE: The money order or bank draft must have the correct and exact amount. We will not issue any refunds.
Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105 First adult passport: US$135 CRBA: US$100 Notarials: US$50 per signature
All applicants must provide: completed passport application; two passport-size photos (2” x 2”); proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. consular report of birth abroad, or U.S. naturalization certificate; and social security card. Please bring originals AND photocopies of all documents. You must also provide a prepaid air waybill (FedEx, DHL, LIAT QuikPak, etc.) in order to have the new passport mailed back to you.
Requirements for Adult Renewals
- Your last passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Your last passport was issued within the past 15 years
- Your passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application form
Applicants must provide:
- DS-82 form: Application for a renewal of a U.S. Passport (all forms must be filled online and printed)
- Current Passport and if necessary, supporting documents
- Two (2) recent passport sized photograph (5cms x 5cms or 2″x2″) full face, front view with a white background
- One (1) black and white copy of each identity and citizenship documents submitted with the application
- Fees are payable in cash, Bank Draft*, International Money Order, Travelers Check made payable to “U.S. Embassy” or Credit Card*
Applicants who meet the above requirements can also mail their application to us without appearing at the U.S. Embassy.
*We were not allowed to pay by credit card or bank draft! They wanted us to go to a local bank and get an international money order from our US accounts.
More info can be found here: https://barbados.usembassy.gov/acs_consularvisits/st.-kitts-and-nevis
P.S., you will not receive an email confirmation, so make sure you read everything before you close out the page. Even our screen shot of the confirmation page wasn’t enough. We made two trips to the consulate, and left with nothing. I will likely send my husband’s passport back to the states and have my mother send it back to us.